D-LAN Option with SIPPDD-10 Ethernet Configuration Card
D-LAN Option with SIPPDD
The D-LAN Option with Smart-IP Card allows the System 3505 Prism Lx to communicate, via Ethernet, with up to 10 remote devices, typically Remote Annunciator units, and permits communication on different hubs/switches within a network.
Each time a SIPPDD Card equipped System 3505 Prism Lx sends information to a Remote Annunciator, the Remote Annunciator will respond solely through the original sender’s hub/switch. Additionally, an equipped System 3505 Prism Lx sends data to all its D-LAN devices, but through custom software, can uniquely communicate with any one or multiple Remote Annunciator units.
The D-LAN Option with the SIPPDD Card eliminates unwanted broadcast communication in a network environment through the use of specific IP addresses. In most cases, the IT department will assign the IP address(es). The Remote Annunciator IP address must be set to match one of the selected Host Addresses assigned via Windows Explorer (or other web browser) by connection to the SIPPDD Ethernet address. Administrator privileges are required to change IP settings.
After successfully assigning IP addresses, the System 3505 Prism Lx will recognize the SIPPDD Card immediately upon power-up (see reverse). The thermal printer will print all critical network related information each time it is powered up. Conversely, should the SIPPDD card go undetected, the System 3505 Prism Lx will alert the operator and record the problem. Please see reverse side for Set-Up Screen Shots.
- Provides the capability to send alarm signals to 10 IP addresses and multiple sub-networks without the need to broadcast over the network.
- Provides 10 user selectable IP address assignments.
- Connection supervision with each Remote Annunciator connected.
- Use where adding Remote Annunciators to an existing system and Ethernet broadcasting is not acceptable.
- For use with the System 3505 software Rev. 7.5.5 Standard 1, release date of January 2008 or higher
- Upgrade required for 3505 Systems with 2 or more Remote Annunciators that use the Lantronics configurator card.
- Use the 34 Set Menu to configure D-LAN settings for the System 3505 Prism Lx
- System 3505 Prism Lx thermal printout of SIPPDD details upon power-up, and an alert if undetected